IntelliSuite ships with the most sophisticated piezoelectric and piezoresistive modeling capabilities in the industry. Our PiezoMEMS module represents a complete solution for MEMS designers considering piezo-sensing or piezo-actuation mechanisms.
Industry leading capability
If you are designing piezo-based sensors and transducers, or investigating piezo-acoustic coupling, you will find our design tools invaluable and unsurpassed. Considering piezo actuation for your MEMS device? IntelliSuite can handle your needs such as time varying loading, floating conductors, full thermo-electromechanical modeling and high frequency analysis.
Real world applications
Our piezo capabilities are designed for real world applications such as film bulk acoustic resonators (FBAR), surface acoustic wave (SAW) devices, Quartz Crystal Gyros,Piezoelectric pumps, Energy Scavengers and piezoresistive sensors such as manifold air pressure (MAP) sensors.
Thermomechanical and Fluid Structure Interaction modeling
Our integrated thermoelectromechanical modeling of piezo-materials allows you to perform static, transient, direct-integration or mode-based analysis for linear or non-linear problems. You can investigate the voltage dependency of the natural frequency, calculate the Q factors in different packaging environment, or apply time varying loads with ease. In addition, you can look at a floating conductor voltage as a function of time varying loading which is important for acoustic transducer and microphone design. PiezoMEMS now supports fully integrated piezoelectric and fluid structure interaction (FSI) modeling.
IntelliSuite can perform full high frequency analysis for a piezoelectric material under cyclic loading allowing you to calculate both series and parallel resonances. In addition, Y-, Z- and S-parameters, reactive charge density and charge can be extracted with ease.
PiezoMEMS now features multi-processor enabled solver for for FBAR/SAW type devices. Users can perform time domain or frequency domain analyses to understand the behavior of their devices. Impedance of the devices can be exported as a Touchstone file that can be used in other circuit simulators.
IntelliSuite also features a fast piezo impedance extraction algorithms that can be used to quickly simulate the frequency response of the device and the phase noise.
Advanced fluid structure capability allows you to model and optimize complex piezo-drive pumps. Flow rates, nozzle dimensions can be optimized with ease.
General analysis features
• Linear and non-linear analysis
• Static, steady state, and transient analysis
• Fully 3D coupled dynamics analysis
• Parametric variations
• Fabrication process-induced effects
• Submodeling, symmetry, and other size reducing techniques
• Export and import to/from other engineering CAD tools
• Piezoresistive and piezoelectric modeling
• Displacement and deformation due to voltage loading
• Natural frequency and mode shapes as a function of loading
• Analyse, simulate, and design piezoelectric transducers, sensors and actuators
• Static analysis (stresses, strains, voltages, etc)
• Frequency shift due to loading and frequency sweep analysis
• Mode based transient analysis
• Direct integration transient analysis (both auto increment and fixed increment analyses)
• Time dependent loading
• Floating conductor voltage determination
• For a full feature list see datasheet on Analysis modules
• Stress-displacement calculations (principal and invariant stress calculations)
• Natural frequency and modal analysis
• Dynamic analysis with external force/acceleration loading
• Shock analysis
• Q factor calculation
• Damping analysis (including squeeze film effects)
• Residual stress incorporation
• Multiple simultaneous input loading
• Contact and post-contact analysis
• Hysterisis analysis
• Microassembly and latching modeling
• Popup and bistable elements
• Heat transfer problems
• Conduction or convection modeling
• Joule/resistive heating modeling
• Temperature distribution/gradients
• Packaging analysis
Piezo high frequency analysis
• Series and parallel resonance calculations
• Piezo-acoustic coupling
• Incorporation of acoustic impedence, attenuation and velocities
• Attenuation dependence of performance
• S-, Z-, & Y-parameter computation