One of our dictums is to concurrently design MEMS devices and packaging. Far too many MEMS projects fail due to a lack of packaging considerations upfront. IntelliSuite simplifies the packaging of MEMS devices, reducing the cost of packaging development. The tools you need to perform die level and board level packaging analyses come standard with IntelliSuite. Packaging related stresses, CTE mismatches, shock effects, effects of packaging pressure on device damping, parasitic effects and high frequency electromagnetic effects can all be modeled with ease.
Wrap it up
IntelliSuite solves most complex packaging problems involving linear and non-linear, static, frequency, and dynamic behavior. Stress, strain and warpage calculations, modal and buckling analysis, and the thermal-electrical (joule heating) response of packaged devices can all be performed with ease.
Users can model the dynamic response of packaged devices to complex vibration inputs, perform shock analysis, incorporate convective heat losses, and calculate Q factors. Fully coupled squeeze film damping modeling allows you to determine device performance as a function of package pressure. This allows you to perform JEDEC, MIL STD, or Belcore tests on packaged devices before costly device fabrication.
MEMS-ASIC integration modeling
Print Quality: PDF (10.6 MB)
As MEMS make their successful entry into mobile devices, the demand for slim profile packages becomes paramount. MEMS devices have started to leverage IC stacking technologies such as wafer bumping, die-on-wafer assembly, through-silicon vias (TSV) and towards low-cost Wafer Level Chip Scale Packages (WLCSP). As the MEMS subsumes the package into the structure, the need for efficient package modeling and compensation of packaging effects at the die level become important.
One of the most innovative features is the ability to include packaging effects on the device performance into the system models. Package extraction and sub-modeling techniques allow you to estimate the impact of the package stresses and temperature effects on the device performance.
(click to enlarge)
One click model creation
IntelliSuite allows you to go from your board layout [DXF, GDS, or Gerber] to a high fidelity 3d hex meshed model that is ready for analysis in click of a button.
One click board model creation
Advanced meshing tools allow you create complex meshed models from your board DXF layout in a click. You can use 3DBuilder or our new Hexpresso mesher to automate your modeling and mesh creation process.
Import your DXF layout, set the layer elevation and thickness and tag the purpose of each layer (via, strucutural, metal, conformal coating. etc) and we take care of the rest! High fidelity hexahedral meshes are created automatically, saving you time and effort.
Packaging analysis can now capture fluidic damping and spring force for complex MEMS structures. Our macromodel techniques now extend to fully capture fludic dissipation and automatically include ambient damping into system simulations. Fluidic damping can be captured for each of the modes of interest.
For high frequency RF MEMS and Microwave MEMS devices such as RF switches, filters, and inductors, users can model package related artifacts such as EM coupling between traces, parasitic or substrate coupling, crosstalk, package and board resonance artifacts, impedance mismatches, and reflection noise. Full circuit-package interaction studies and S-, Z-, and Y-parameters can also be derived.
• Group collaboration
• Device repositioning within a package and within different packages, misalignment effects
• Import/Export from DXF, PATRAN, ANSYS etc
• Touchstone and SPICE integration
• Parametric variations
• Fabrication process-induced effects
• Sub-modeling, symmetry, and other size reducing techniques
• Export and import to/from other engineering CAD tools
Coupled thermo-electro-mechanical analysis
• Linear/Nonlinear, frequency/static/dynamic analysis
• Stress/Strain, Deformation/Warpage analysis
• Modal and buckling analysis
• Frequency spectrum analysis
• Coupled squeezed film damping analysis
• Mechanical shock analysis and drop tests
• Vibration variable frequency testing
• Lead integrity tests
• CTE mismatch & thermal gradient analysis
• Q factor determination
• Joule heating effects
• Conductive/Convective effects
High frequency analysis (EM module required)
• EM coupling between traces
• Parasitic/ Substrate coupling and cross talk
• Package/board resonances
• S-, Z-, and Y-parameter calculations; impedance mismatch
• Reflection noise &Transmission characteristics
• Circuit-package interaction (needs EDALinker)
• Perform MIL-STD (750/883), JEDEC (JESD22-B104B, -B110,-B103-B), and BelCore type tests on devices